FoodShare Toronto is looking for a Senior Coordinator of Development starting in July 2018.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development and Communications this position will coordinate and support FoodShare’s corporate engagement program, annual Foundation appeal, as well as supporting special projects including FoodShare’s gift basket program, onsite tours, special events and Speaker’s Bureau.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Participate in the creation of proposals for corporate partnerships
- Liaise and work with corporate partners to increase awareness of FoodShare and our volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate corporate activations and donor activities including scheduling, material development and promotion
- Use data systems to track engagement opportunities to ensure clear communication and detailed recordkeeping
- Liaise with the key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship or donation deliverables and contractual commitments
- Prepare stewardship reports for major donors, partners and ensure appropriate recognition
- Working with the development and communications team to collect and document impact stories and maintain an up to date repository of program profiles and data
- Prepare and submit foundation and grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan or as directed
- Lead the FoodShare gift basket project team
- Solicit event sponsorship for FoodShare’s annual fundraiser, and other programs and events
- Coordinate and oversee FoodShare’s ‘Speakers Bureau” program
- Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson for FoodShare and our mission including providing tours and program overviews
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from foundations, corporations/corporate foundations, individuals (including planned gifts) and service clubs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Development & Communications.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of food justice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Proven experience in coordinating non-profit development activities with a strong track record of building donor relationships, both individual and corporate
- Proven ability to build and establish relationships with corporate partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and community oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to coordinate, organize, initiate and complete events in a timely basis
- Positive team player with strong organizational skills
- Program development and delivery experience
- Self-directed, positive attitude with demonstrated passion for FoodShare’s mission
- Experience with google suite and smartsheet an asset