We are currently recruiting for a full-time Human Resources Manager based in Guelph with some travel as required. As a Human Resources Manager, you will be reporting to the Executive Director and will be responsible for overseeing the Human Resources, and Payroll departments.
- Develops/delivers effective HR programs and processes (i.e., labour and employee relations, recruitment/retention, performance management, succession planning, payroll, group benefits, HRIS)
- Champions HR best practices, develops and implements supporting policies, practices, and systems that comply with relevant legislation
- Manages labour relations involving maintenance, proactive administration of collective agreement and participation in collective bargaining process
- Provides consultation/training to management team and direct reports with respect to the interpretation and consistent application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, relevant legislation and performance management
- Demonstrates effective leadership, management, support and evaluation of Human Resources and Payroll roles to ensure efficient utilization of human resources and financial resources
- Participates in the development and administration of a salaries and benefits program that ensures CBA compliance and equity within the agency
- Leads specific HR projects in alignment with the strategic plan
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources and have a CHRP/CHRL Designation
- Current registration as a member in good standing with the Human Resources Professional Association
- A minimum of 1-3 years of progressive work experience in a Human Resources Management role preferably in a unionized environment
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of OHSA, ESA, AODA, WSIB and Human Rights legislation
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic leadership, effective negotiation, and delegation skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Experience with HRIS systems, resources and tools used for HR information management
- Extensive knowledge of best practices used in a variety of HR functions
- Demonstrated experience in policy/procedure development
- A high degree of discretion, with the ability to be professional and diplomatic
- Able to be flexible and manage multiple requirements in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Access to a reliable vehicle, current insurance, a valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel within the Guelph Wellington area as required
CLGW is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs know to CLGW in advance.
How to ApplyTo join our team, please apply to http://www.clgw.ca/jobs/. Just apply to any of our positions and we will review your qualifications and will consider you for any of the positions that we have available. It is important to apply online to be considered.
About Community Living Guelph Wellington
At CLGW, we are people helping people. We are a not for profit service agency that provides support and assistance to over 500 people who have an intellectual disability with over 40 group homes, and day programs. Since 1955, we have been making a difference in the lives of the individuals that we support, by ensuring their quality of life is meaningfully improved in the community.