Who are we looking for?
A strategic and nimble communications professional to drive sector building through innovative and creative approaches to communications and engagement. This individual will be passionate about supporting Ontario’s nonprofit sector and spreading the word about its key role in building and sustaining thriving communities.
Who are we?
ONN is the independent network for the 55,000 nonprofits and charities in Ontario, focused on policy, advocacy and services to strengthen Ontario’s nonprofit sector as a key pillar of our society and economy.
What will the Communications & Network Engagement Manager do?
Working with the ONN team and key volunteers, the Manager will:
- Develop, implement and continuously monitor a communications and marketing strategy and network engagement plan
- Manage and monitor ON website and social media channels
- Support the development and promotion of ONN membership and membership services with key staff
- Work closely with ONN staff, policy and operations teams, and key working groups
- Actively participate as a core member of our staff and policy team
- Experience with communications planning, media relations and social media engagement
- Demonstrated experience in website management and communications technology
- Demonstrated skills of analysis and strategic thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Ontario’s nonprofit sector, as well as network/association environments
- Project management experience and ability to plan and carry out complex assignments with tight deadlines
- Degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Work experience in the nonprofit sector (3-5 years minimum)
- French language skills an asset
ONN is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applicants from aboriginal peoples, individuals from racialized and marginalized groups (e.g. diverse ethno-racial and people of all sexual orientations and genders), and persons with disabilities.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CompensationOne year contract position, full-time (37.5 hours/week) Salary: $55,000- $65,000 with 3 weeks of holidays. ONN human resource policies apply.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and cover letter in a single document with your first and last name as the filename to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Communications & Network Engagement Manager 2017’ in the subject line, by 5:00PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
About Ontario Nonprofit Network
ONN is the independent nonprofit network for the 55,000 nonprofits and charities in Ontario, focused on policy, advocacy, and services to strengthen Ontario’s nonprofit sector as a key pillar of our society and economy.