Who are we looking for?
A skilled and enthusiastic communicator passionate about supporting the nonprofit sector to mobilize a decent work movement.
Who are we?
ONN is the network that works to strengthen the whole of the nonprofit sector in Ontario. With a focus on public policy, we engage, advocate, and lead with – and for – the nonprofits that provide public benefit. The nonprofit sector is a key pillar of our society and economy; so by bringing nonprofits together to work on common issues, we are helping to build a more resilient sector, thriving communities and a dynamic province.
What will the communications coordinator do?
Reporting to the communications manager and working closely with the Decent Work Project lead, the communications coordinator will support the team to develop and implement communications strategies. This work includes helping to:
- Communicate key messages about Decent Work to key audiences
- Create communications tools, including case studies, news briefs and presentations
- Plan, implement and evaluate communications strategies
- Work with nonprofits to support the building of a decent work movement
For the most part, communications will be targeted at nonprofit organizations and stakeholders in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience presenting complex ideas in clear and easily understood ways
- Experience managing projects
- Time management skills
- Diploma or degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience
- Work experience in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of public policy
- Commitment to the aims of the Decent Work project (Decent Work)
- Commitment to a shared learning and network approach
- Stellar interpersonal skills and comfort reaching out to new people
ONN is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applicants from individuals from racialize and marginalized groups, and persons with disabilities.
Application deadline is April 29th, 2018.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.