ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 32,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Recently launched, ACCES Employment’s Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) is an online program that provides sector-specific training and employment services to newcomers prior to their arrival in Canada.
The position of Coordinator, Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with experience in delivering employment services in an online setting and an interest in developing new and innovative ways to serve jobseekers online. Reporting to the Manager, CEC, the Coordinator’s primary role is to assist in the coordination and management of the CEC program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the CEC team and other program teams to support client success
- Manages and takes primary responsibility for carrying out the client intake process to ensure program consistency, adherence to funder guidelines, and the completion of program enrollment targets
- Assists in the overall project consistency, development and implementation of project evaluation systems and procedures, ensuring compliance with funder guidelines and targets
- Coordinates the planning and scheduling of all project/program activities including events, guest speakers, meetings as required
- Assists with coordinating, preparing, collecting and maintaining regular reports, schedules, and statistics
- Assist in data entry and evaluation of project results; monitor progress and success
- Actively promotes the creation and maintenance of internal and external client referral networks
- Leads the creation of a monthly schedule of CEC activities
- Assists in the delivery of program services as needed
- Assists with marketing, promotion and community and employer outreach
- Supports program staff in helping to resolve common client issues
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day project delivery in the Project Manager’s absence
- Make recommendations to Manager regarding project activities to improve its administration efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists Project Manager with HR activities, including but not limited to screening applicants, interviewing and hiring of staff, conducting staff orientation and onboarding, verifying time sheets and providing input to the performance review process
- Other duties as assigned including staff supervision as required
Qualifications and Experience:
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- A university/college degree and minimum of 3 years of related experience, including online delivery of services, training or programs
- Experience with working in an online service delivery environment, learning management systems and other online tools
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to engage various teams and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers representing ACCES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse environment is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations and/or partner and employer organizations, or as needed.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends